Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The essence of Me


i blink at the world
as i stand beside 'me'
i look at myself
and i smile at me.


what is it that i want?
what is it that i breathe?
is it the social filth?
or the attention that i seek?


what do i look
forward to when i write
these rhymes and these words
just praises and delight


why do i need
these praises and delight?
to help myself grow
or to see me in the light?


if its the light that i want
then i should rather pretend
to be some one that they love
and i'd do that till the end.


as i touch myself
its all hollow from within
i just do what they tell me
thats what i am living.


if it was to follow since birth
and not to explore
what then my dreams would do
perhaps stuck to the floor?


dreams are too tempting
for my lips to turn into a smile
but its a walk for a thousand
but i'm tired after a mile.


what then i do ?
do i explore or i follow?
i say fuck it
leave it for tomorrow.


what for then i fought?
all these days and these nights?
following was still safe
now even the dreams are out of sight.


afraid of the unknown
i shiver but then i stand
i decide to explore and
i bring the dreams back


every inch i walk
turns into a mile
when all thousand are done
its then my dream meets my smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment