Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Posing Indifference

We hadn't even looked at each other. I had seen her hands in my dreams once. Her perfect set of hands held a cigarette in one. I felt like offering a joint. I was afraid to look at her face though. Self doubt has it's own trip. I thought I was ill once, falling for what others hadn't recognized as beauty; little did I know I was gifted.

I hesitated before looking at her. She looked like a moonlit candle. I saw the fire lit inside her through her eyes. I did not want to freeze that moment in time because I was familiar with the pleasure of ending things. I let it be. I knew I wasn't even going to regret not trying. jungles look beautiful until you start living in them. in between the excitement for taking the first step and reciting my past with her, there was a bridge of insecurities and fears.

I let that moment end without being noticed. It was a beautiful moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment