Sunday, July 19, 2015

Open doors

Knock knock
Hey there
Thought you were dead
I'm standing here
Let me in
It's raining

Thank God it's raining
Some excuse
To let me in
My God it's so warm in here
Away from logic
Away from fear

Sit
Why do you stand
I hope I don't make you
Uncomfortable
Stability is for fools
Travel is for sailors

Make a spark
Light a fire
And in that
Hotness breathe
So let the cold
Sleep some more
Some smiles
Let me steal

Why do I feel like
I am
The one you were
Waiting for
I'm just a passerby
Who'd travel
Door to door

I ask not of food
I ask not of wine
I ask not for sleep
I ask not to make you mine

I ask for comfort
I ask for care
I ask for light
And love that we share
I ask not much
Just this night
Next morning I'll be gone
Out of your sight

For I am scared
To stand
On the sand too long
The impression
It will leave
Will have me gone
In just a wave
Until I keep running
For far too long
But then its the same thing
You see
That we will be
Gone along with the wave
Along with our impressions

Let's just fuckin sieze this day

And poof.

No comments:

Post a Comment