Monday, September 7, 2015

One more latte please.

I don't know
What it is
About you
You seem
To be mixing
In me
Like the ice
And the whiskey

I don't know
What it is
About you
You seem
To be making
Me nervous
Like jumping off a cliff

I don't know
What it is about
Every latte
I now taste
It seems to
Remind me
Of the conversations
We had
Whisking in
Your eyes
Asking me
To shut up
And smile
As I talk

They are playing the same
Music again
Out here
You know
But romance
Is for loosers
Nowadays

I wonder
If I could
Wake you up
Like the latte
And the kiss

I know its creepy
I sit in here
Thinking
What I miss

I thought this was easy
Go home
And switch on
My laptop
Switch on
The rest of the world
Again
Switch to
Who I was again
Switch
Like how the others
Taught me

The others
Didn't prepare me well
I think
Didn't prepare me
For a complicated
Latte
With brown sugar
A piece of cake
And a biscotti
Should have been

A piece of cake
Instead
But I guess
I like my latte
Like this
Now

One more latte please? 

No comments:

Post a Comment